Monday 29 April 2013

5 Day Makeup Challenge



Last week I took part in MAC 5 Day Makeup Challenge on Instagram (Take a look at my Instagram here)
Basically what you had to do was take a photo of your makeup for 5 days stating what the focus was, what products you used and how long it took you to create. You can search the hash tag #5DayMakeupChallenge on Instagram and see what other artists have come up with for their daily looks!
I thought I'd share with you guys in a bit more detail my makeup looks from last week 

So here goes. 

(Please excuse the awkward self photos, I hate taking photos of myself, but it was for a good cause so I made an exception haha)




Day 1


Focus: Bold Lip
Time to do: 15 mins
Products used: 
Skin: Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW20
Mineralize skinfinish powder in Medium Plus
Warm soul Blusher
Eyes: Paintpot in Painterly
Liquid liner in Blacktrack
Lips: Lasting sensation Lipliner
Lady Danger Lipstick


This is the look I usually go for when I am a little pushed for time, a classic flicked liner and a bold lip. Only takes 15 mins to do and looks like you have made an effort!

-

Day 2


 Focus: Soft brown smokey eye
Time to do: 15mins
Products used:
Skin: Studio Fix Fluid in NW20
Translucent finishing powder
Bronzer in Matte Bronze
Eyes: 'Quite Natural' paintpot
Espresso and Mystery Eyeshadows
Dipdown Liquid Eyeliner
Number 3 False Lashes
Lips: Ample pink Plushglass lipgloss with Saint Germain Lipglass over the top.



This is a really quick way to create a soft smokey eye. Use The paint pot in quite natural to create a base over your eyelid, this is a darker colour so does a lot of the work for you. Then I blended it out with a little espresso eyeshadow and created depth with Mystery eyeshadow which is slightly darker. All these colours are matte so creates a nice every day smokey eye. 
I used ample pink plush glass on my lips as my lips a fairly small and the plushglass gives them a little extra boost. I added Saint germain over the top to add a more pinky colour! 

-


Day 3



 Focus: Viva Glam Friday!
Time to do: 20mins
Products used:
Skin: Studio Fix fluid in NW20
Mineralize skinfinish in Medium plus
Eyes: Vintage selection Paintpot
Blacktrack liquid liner
superslick nocturnelle liquid liner
Fascinating eye kohl
Lips: In Anticipation Pro long lip liner
Viva glam Nicki Minaj 1 & 2 together. 



Fridays at MAC are dedicated to Viva Glam! Viva glam is the charity that MAC supports and all money from out Viva Glam lipsticks goes to help those with HIV and AIDS. Read more about the charity here.

For this look I created a double flick liner using blacktrack fluid line and used silver superslick liner in between to make it stand out a little more. I put fascinating eye kohl in my water line which is a white kohl pencil (this is a good tip for making your eyes look bigger)
On my lips I combined the 2 Viva Glam Nicki lipsticks to make a soft pink. 

-

Day 4
Focus: Saturday Theme day
Time to do: 20mins
Products used: 
Skin: Studio Sculpt foundation in NW20
Mineralize skinfinish in Medium plus
Bronzer in Give me sun!
Eyes: Groundwork Paintpot
Club and Brown down eyeshadows
Blacktrack liquid liner
Lips: Stripdown Lip liner and Viva Glam Nicki 2 Lipstick


Saturdays at MAC are theme days! All of us on the counter wear the same look and its usually based around a theme. This week was on the Trend Puri-Tan which you can read about here.
I used an eyeshadow called club on my eyelid and blended it out with Brown down eyeshadow which gives it a nice smokey look. On my lips I used a neutral lipliner and Nicki 2 Lipstick over the top!

 -

Day 5

Focus:  Metalic Smokey Eye 
Time to do: 20 mins
Products used: 
Skin: Studio Fix Fluid NW20
Mineralize Powder Medium Plus
Matte Bronze Bronzer 
Dainty Blusher
Eyes: Amber lights and Smut Eyeshadow
Feline and Blacktrack Eyeliner
Lips: Betty Bright Limited Edition Lipstick



To create this eye I used a metalic gold shade called Amber lights and pressed the colour in to the center of my eyelid. I then used a darker matte grey/brown colour called smut and added this to the inner and outer corners of the eye and blended slightly in to the crease. I lined my top lash line with gel eyeliner and used a kohl pencil for the inner waterline. The lipstick was a limited edition shade from the collection 'Archies Girls' which is a lovely pink/coral colour!
-

Check out my looks on my Instagram @Makeup_bykerry I try to post on there as much as I can and put a lot of my work up on there!

Send me your Instagram links too!


2 comments:

  1. What a great job you did on this post. I love the detail you go into.

    My favorite look is Day 2. You really look alot like Kate Middleton, though I'm sure many have told you that.

    What is the Mac paint pot? Is that just like a primer for the eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, glad you liked it!

      Wow thank you, never had that one before lol!

      The paint pots are a cream base that you can use on their own as an eyeshadow or use underneath eyeshadows as a primer and they stop it from creasing for fading! They come in loads of colours!

      Delete