Sunday 21 April 2013

Storage Solution

I have been searching for ages to find a stylish and practical way to store my personal makeup. I keep most of my makeup kit in clear makeup bags nicely organised and in my travel suitcase so I can easily transport it for jobs.  But my own everyday makeup somehow got neglected and ended up in a (very messy) drawer. I wanted to display it some how so it would be more organised and wouldn't get damaged.
I had seen on YouTube a few different people showing their makeup collection, and these clear acrylic draws had popped up a lot. I did a little research and found out where I could get my hands on some! I found my answer at MUJI!
I firstly bought a couple of the 2 drawer ones just to see what they were like. I loved them! They look great on my dressing table and they keep my makeup organised. 
I got one that has a flip top lid which is great to stand products that's are too big to fit in the drawers like foundations, moisturizers etc. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was is although the draw looks fairly deep, you can only fit one layer of blushes/eyeshadows etc. The eyeshadows only fit in laying down flat as apposed to having them on their side which would mean you could fit so many more in
I have 4 of the 2 draw boxes stacked up. The top one has a flip lid so I can fit some other bits neatly in there. I mostly keep my powders in these drawers, I also have some of my loose blushers and eyeshadows in the bottom drawers as well as my paintpots and fluidlines
I decided to try the 5 drawer one too. I like this one even more! It has slimmer draws which I think looks a lot neater. 
It fits mostly everything I want in to it, but as the drawers are narrower so some of my products don't fit in these drawers (like the paintpots)
I mostly keep lip glosses and eyeliners in these draws. They fit perfectly and are nicely displayed so I don't have to rummage through trying to find one to wear. I also keep some of my unused products, tester pots and eyeshadow/lip palettes in these drawers too.
I also got a smaller holder which I keep my lip/eye pencils and lipsticks in.
You can buy these and many other storage boxes from MujiI definitely recommend these to anyone who is looking for a new way to store their makeup. They are reasonably priced and are great quality!
Happy Shopping

9 comments:

  1. This is such a fab way to store things especially as you can see everything xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!

      Yes great idea, I have followed you :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Kerry, thanks for following on Shesaidbeauty. I followed ya back and came to check out your blog. You have done a great job! I always want to work for MAC but I don't have luck with MAC I think. I am now working as Demo for Lancome LoL.

    Anyway, I love your blog! We should keep in touch! Followed ya.

    http://bellagirlsbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much make-up :O I really want to try some of these very nice storage xx

    www.krystelcouture.com
    Designer Dress Hire Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do they are great and look cute too!

      Delete
  5. Hi I really like your blog! I created this website called Sweet & Style where new and struggling bloggers can submit posts to be featured to gain more traffic to their blog. I would love to feature this post! If you are interested you can email me at gasappenfield@gmail.com

    www.sweetandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabriella!
      Thanks for your comment,
      oh what a great idea, I need all the help I can get at the moment and would love to be featured.
      I will drop you an email!

      Kerry xo

      Delete
  6. I love these, will have to check out the site :)

    Nyss x

    missnyssbeautymagpie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete