Thursday 25 April 2013

Skincare lovin'

I recently had a little re-vamp of my skincare products. 
I was getting a little tired of my old ones and felt they weren't really working for me as well as they could and thought it was time for a change. I have been testing these products for a couple of weeks and I am so happy with the results!
so here goes




If I'm honest I have never been a huge fan of Clinque skincare. The few products I have tried haven't really done what I wanted them too, but I thought I would give it another try in the form of this cleansing balm.
When I first got it I thought it looked a bit weird and wasn't sure how I was meant to apply it. It the pot it is a solid balm. I scooped a little out and massaged it straight on to dry skin. When you add water in then turns milky rather than lathering up which I love. I have never been too keen on facial cleansers that foam up too much as it hurts my eyes! 
I am slowly starting to love this product. It makes my skin feel so soft and clean after use and since using it I have seen great improvements in my skins texture and tone. Plus I haven't had any break outs (which are a regular occurrence for me unfortunately) so that's gotta be a bonus!! 

...



When it comes to cleansers and toners I have always used cheaper brands like Simple. I've never been really fussed about them but I thought I would give Darphin a try as I have heard nothing but good things.
I have been using these right before I moisturize and I am seeing some great results. 

Refreshing Cleansing Milk £19

The cleansing milk really does lifts off any makeup that has been left behind as well as any soap residue or impurities in the skin. It makes your skin feel soft and refreshed.

Refreshing Toner £19

When reading about this product I saw on the website that it contains Fig and Banana extract which revitalize and tone the look of the skin. 
This toner smells lovely and makes you skin feel tingly and clean. 

...



I have tried many moisurisers in the last few years from Creme de la Mer to Nivea. I know how important it is to moisturise your skin regularly to keep skin looking healthy and glowing.
What actually got me interested in this product was the little paragraph of information next to this moisturiser on the MAC website. It says:

"A super-rich creamy moisturiser boosted with skin-nourishing extracts including passion fruit, spinach leaf, green tea, algae, wheat germ and coconut. Moistens, feeds, firms and protects the skin. Promotes a healthy radiance. diminishes the appearance of fine lines. Good for day and night."

Now, if you're a bit of an ingredients geek like me, that may interest you as much as it did me. Some of the ingredients listed I know are amazing for your skin, so I just had to give it a try. 
I love the fact that you can use and as both your day and night cream. I have never believed in having separate ones. 
It's also great that it firms the skin and reduces appearance of fine lines. I am not quite old enough to worry about fine lines yet but hopefully this will prolong a youthful skin!

...



I have never used an eye cream before. I never really felt the need. But in recent months I have found my under eyes looking a little dehydrated, especially when I put foundation/concealer on it made me skin look a little dry and it's not a good look!
So I decided to invest in this Bobbi Brown eye cream. I have never used any of Bobbi Browns skincare before this, so I was intrigued to find out what it was like. 

I like the feel of this eye cream, its not sticky or greasy and absorbs straight in to the skin. I made the mistake of applying it too close to my eye the first time I used it and this did make my eyes sting a little but if you just dab a little around the socket bone with out going too close to your actual eye you should be fine. 
It contains Aloe Vera and Witch Hazel which soothe and comfort the skin as well as Jojoba seed, Avocado Oil and Squaland which condition and revive the skin. 

Overall I am pretty pleased with this product, it has stopped any dryness completely and brightens my eye area.  It also helps my concealer to go on a little more effortlessly and look more even. 

...

5 comments:

  1. Never hurts to have a revamp, especially skin care x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, I've always wanted to pick up something from Clinique but never am quite sure what to get maybe will have to add the balm to my list.
    daisyandmints.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been bit hit and miss with Clinque, this is a great product though defo recommend it :)

      Delete
  3. The mac and bobbie brown sound amazing need to try these out :),Hope you had a great weekend xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes give them a go! thank you :) You too hun xxx

      Delete